Candidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 60-65 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass)
- 110 minutes to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-211; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
- This exam is based on SAS 9.4
Exam topics include:
- Use FORMATTED and LIST input to read raw data files.
- Use INFILE statement options to control processing when reading raw data files.
- Use various components of an INPUT statement to process raw data files including column and line pointer controls, and trailing @ controls.
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Access an Excel workbook.
Creating Data Structures
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets.
- Create and manipulate SAS date values.
- Export data to create standard and comma-delimited raw data files.
- Control which observations and variables in a SAS data set are processed and output.
- Investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures.
- Sort observations in a SAS data set.
- Conditionally execute SAS statements.
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step.
- Modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step.
- Accumulate sub-totals and totals using DATA step statements.
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values.
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa.
- Process data using DO LOOPS.
- Process data using one-dimensional SAS arrays.
- Validate and clean data.
- Generate list reports using the PRINT procedure.
- Generate summary reports and frequency tables using base SAS procedures.
- Enhance reports through the use of user-defined formats, titles, footnotes and SAS System reporting.
- Generate reports using ODS statements.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
- Recognize and correct syntax errors.
- Examine and resolve data errors.